Sweet & SeaSalty Potcorn
Transform your run-of-the-mill popcorn snack into a sweet and salty cannabis coated delight!
This gluten-free recipe yields approximately 15 cups of popped pot popcorn coated in honey and sea salt combined with two tablespoons of BYOB – 50 mg of THC cannabis extract in coconut oil.
If you divide the popcorn into 15 single cup servings, each serving will have just about 3.3 mg of THC.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons (or ½ bottle) BYOB extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of a large pan. Use enough to generously coat the bottom. Heat the pan over medium/high heat. Put three test popcorn kernels in the pan and cover.
- After you hear the test kernels pop, remove the lid. Add the remaining kernels and put the lid back on.
- Gently move the pan around to avoid overcooking the kernels till the popcorn really gets popping. When the popping sound slows (after about 3-4 minutes), take the pan off the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, BYOB oil and sea salt. Pour over the freshly made popcorn right in the pan. Recover and shake vigorously to coat.
- Use a 1-cup measure to measure out single servings, where each serving contains just over 3 mg THC.
- Store the popcorn in an airtight container. Make sure the container is labeled as popcorn containing THC and keep it out of reach of children.
- Wash mixing bowl, utensils, pan and lid, then wipe with alcohol to remove any residual BYOB extract.